Thu, Dec 07|
The Dive Shop Calgary
Intro Freediver Course - Calgary, Canada - December 7th, 2023
The Lap 1 intro freediver course is a course intended for anyone looking to try out what freediving is all about! Learn how to safely hold your breath, freediving safety and rescue skills.
Time & Location
Dec 07, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
The Dive Shop Calgary, 4652 Macleod Trail S, Calgary, AB T2G 5E8, Canada
About The Event
Intro Freediver Course - Molchanovs Lap 1 - The Dive Shop Calgary, Alberta
PLEASE READ (1) to (8) below. It's a lot to read I know, but there's plenty of info for you!
Introduction to Freediving Course (Molchanovs Lap 1 Freediver Course)
This introductory freediver course by Molchanovs Freediving is intended for anyone interested in freediving, or apnea diving. After this course you will know the fundamentals required to be a safe freediver and will receive an international certificate of freediving (apnea) from Molchanovs Freediving. This one day course will teach you to hold your breath safely, the necessary safety and rescue skills.
This course will also provide you access to all of Molchanovs online platform, dry training exercises, Base Training programs, Workout of the Week and the famed Molchanovs Movement.
The course includes:
- Lap 1 International Freediving Certificate
- Access to online materials and training
- Registration with Molchanovs Dashboard and Molchanovs Base Training
- Confined Water Session
- Freediving knowledge and theory
- Learn the basics of safety and rescue in freediving
- Learn static apnea
- Surfing Survival Training exercises
- Free medical coverage for students: an exclusive benefit for DAN Professional Members.
- Offered at no cost to the student.
- Up to US$25,000 coverage for medical expenses for injuries occurring during entry-level training.
- Coverage ends 180 days after registration or until last certifying dive.
2) COURSE PRICING:
- Course Cost: 299 $CAD + applicable taxes per person
- Course Cost Includes Lap 1 Freediver Certificate
- Course Payment: Due to limited spots, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please see below.
Please expect a full day of diving, learning and fun!
- When: December 7, 2023 at 5PM - 9PM
- Where: The Dive Shop Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
4) COURSE PRE-REQUISITES:
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
5) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Pool wetsuit (surfing, triathlon or snorkelling wetsuit)
- Mask and snorkel
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
Specials & Discounts for Students:
- Recieve 10% discount on Atmos diving watches when you sign up for a course (contact us for promo code).
- Get a 10% discount on wetsuits from our sponsors Oceaner Freediving, EliosSub and Deep Humans (contact us).
- Get a 10% discount on carbon fibre fins Alchemy Carbon (contact us).
1. It is the student's responsibility to purchase or rent the equipment needed for the course.
2. We highly suggest purchasing your own gear. It's an investment worth making in freediving.
6) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
7) PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to limit spaces, we are asking for full payment upon booking.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (3.5% additional transfer fee).
- Please note an additional credit card fee (3%) may apply in payments.
iii. Terms and Conditions & Cancellation Policy:
Molchanovs Intro Course
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).CA$299.00Tax: +CA$14.95 GST