Fri, Jul 09|
Sea to Sky Freediving School
Wave 1 Freediver Course - Vancouver, BC
Learn the basics of freediving by uncovering your natural underwater ability. Here you will be taught to dive down 20 meters, and learn techniques to hold your breath beyond two minutes. The Wave 1/Lap 1 course offers both a pool component and an open water component for your freediving education.
Time & Location
Jul 09, 2021, 8:00 AM – Jul 11, 2021, 5:00 PM
Sea to Sky Freediving School , Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver, BC, Canada
About The Event
Molchanovs Wave 1 Freediver Course - Vancouver, Canada
PLEASE READ (1) to (7) below before providing the event deposit required for booking.
The Wave 1 Freediver Course from Molchanovs Education is intended for anyone interested in freediving up to 20 meters (65 feet) and learning the fundamentals of breath-holding underwater. The Molchanovs Education program places a strong focus on safety, technical skills and training. As a course participant you will be part of the Molchanovs Community, have access to online Base Training and coaching with the Molchanovs online platform.
- Molchanovs Wave 1 Freediver Certificate (accepted and acknowledged world-wide)
- Online Theory + Knowledge Study
- Access to online manuals, videos and training platform
- Classroom Theory + Knowledge Review Session
- Confined Water Session
- Three Open Water Sessions
- Learning the Frenzel Equalization technique
- Learn rescue and safety skills in freediving
- Practice static and dynamic apnea
- Introduction to breathwork and pranayama
- Learn relaxation and visulaization techniques for deep diving
- Option of only completing pool training part of course (Lap 1)
Pool requirements (for Wave 1 & Lap 1):
- 1 min 30 sec static
Open Water requirements (for Wave 1):
- CWTB & FIM 12-20m
- CWTB Buddying 6-10m
- Rescue from 6-10m
- Course Cost: 565 $CAD + applicable taxes per person (Includes Wave 1 Freediver Certificate)
- Course Deposit: Please note a 100$CAD deposit is required to reserve a spot in any event (REQUIRED AT BOOKING)
- Course duration is typically 2-3 days. Please note times are subject to change based on pool schedule, weather and conditions.
- Cancellation Policy: Please see below.
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
- 100 $CAD deposit prior at time of reservation/booking
- Full payment provided no later than two weeks prior to date of course
4) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (5mm to 7mm thickness recommend) or a 7mm surfing wetsuit with hood
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel
- Rubber/nylon weight-belt and weights
- Mask and snorkel
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- I suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
Please note it is the student's responsibility to have all the equipment required for the specific course, training or workshop.
Please note you can also rent this equipment at local dive shops. Two local options include:
- Sea Dragon Charters (6373 Bruce St, West Vancouver, BC V7W 2G5 | (604) 329-3486 | Speak to Jan for a freediving gear package rental
- Ocean Quest Dive Centre (3790 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 1G4) | (604) 436-1157 | Speak to Fabiola for freediving gear package rental
5) PRO TIPS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
- Course participants receive 10% any Oceaner Freediving custom made wetsuit (hand-made in Burnaby, British Columbia)
- Course participants receive 10% off any Freedive Wire Shop equipment
- Course participants receive discounts off selected Molchanovs equipment
7) PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- A DEPOSIT of 100 $CAD is required immediately to reserve or book a spot in any event.
- FULL PAYMENT DUE two weeks (14 days) BEFORE event start date.
ii. Payment Options:
- For Canadian clients: Canadian e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no transfer fee).
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).
- Please contact us for other payments options including credit card (transfer fee may apply).
iii. Cancellation Policy:
- Full refund of DEPOSIT or PAYMENT 30 days BEFORE start date of event.
- Full refund or credit issued if event is cancelled by Sea to Sky Freediving due to unforeseeable circumstances.
- No refund of DEPOSIT 30 days or less BEFORE start date of event.
- No refund of PAYMENT 14 days or less BEFORE start date of event.
Deposit for Event Registration
Please provide a 100 $CAD deposit to secure your spot in this event. Methods of payment include e-transfer, credit or PayPal. Please note credit card and PayPal will incur additional fees.CA$100.00