Fri, Sep 10|
Lake Minnewanka, Banff, AB
Beginner Freediver Course - Open Water - Lake Minnewanka, Banff, AB
Learn the basics of freediving by uncovering your natural underwater ability. You will learn how to dive down 20 meters, develop techniques to hold your breath longer and rescue/safety skills. This course offers dry training, confined water and open water diving for your freediving education.
Time & Location
Sep 10, 2021, 8:00 AM MDT – Sep 12, 2021, 5:00 PM MDT
Lake Minnewanka, Banff, AB, Lake Minnewanka Scenic Dr, Improvement District No. 9, AB T1L 1K2, Canada
About The Event
Molchanovs Wave 1/Lap 1 Open Water Freediver Course - Vancouver, Canada
Please note that dates and times are subject to change due to pool closures or other unforeseen events. A full refund will be guaranteed if the re-scheduling is at fault of Sea to Sky Freediving. Please read our terms and conditions below for more information.
PLEASE READ (1) to (8) below. It's a lot to read I know, but there's plenty of info for you!
1) COURSE DESCRIPTION:
The Wave 1 Freediver Course from Molchanovs Education is intended for anyone interested in freediving up to 20 meters (65 feet) and learning the fundamentals of breath-holding underwater. The Molchanovs Education program places a strong focus on safety, technical skills and training. As a course participant you will be part of the Molchanovs Community, have access to online Base Training and coaching with the Molchanovs online platform.
- Molchanovs Wave 1 Freediver Course (accepted and acknowledged world-wide)
- Online Theory + Knowledge Study
- Access to online manuals, videos and training platform
- Online Theory + Knowledge Review Session
- Confined Water Session*
- Three Open Water Sessions
- Learning the Frenzel Equalization technique
- Learn rescue and safety skills in freediving
- Practice static and dynamic apnea
- Introduction to breathwork and pranayama
- Learn relaxation and visualization techniques for deep diving
- Option of only completing pool training part of course (Lap 1)
*Please note if pools are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, the confined water session will be replaced by an additional open water session at no additional cost.
- 1 min 30 sec static
- CWTB & FIM 12-20m
- CWTB Buddying 6-10m
- Rescue from 6-10m
- Free medical coverage for students: an exclusive benefit for DAN Professional Members.
- Currently only offered for AIDA International registrations.
- Offered at no cost to the student.
- Up to US$25,000 coverage for medical expenses for injuries occurring during entry-level training.
- Coverage ends 180 days after registration or until last certifying dive.
2) COURSE PRICING:
- Course Cost: 575 $CAD + applicable taxes per person (Includes Wave 1 Freediver Certificate)
- Course Payment: Due to limited spaces, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please see below.
The Molchanovs Wave Program is one of the most intensive open water freediving courses available. Please expect a full weekend of diving, learning and fun!
Day 1 (Online/Pool): Online theory review/knowledge review OR theory & pool Session at The Dive Shop, Calgary*
- Where & When: The Calgary Dive Shop | Friday September 10th, 2021 6PM - 9PM
Day 2 (In Person): Open water part 1 and 2, confined water session*, intro to techniques & equalisation skills
- Where & When: Lake Minnewanka, Banff | Saturday September 11, 2021 8AM - 5PM (Full Day!)
Day 3 (In Person): Open Water Part 3 and 4, rescue and safety skills, breathwork & yoga
- Where & When: Lake Minnewanka, Banff | Sunday September 12, 2021 8AM - 5PM (Full Day!)
*Pending pool restrictions and availability.
4) COURSE PRE-REQUISITES:
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop & comfortable in an open water setting
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
- Signed COVID-19 liability and waiver form.
5) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (7mm thickness recommend)
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins!!!)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel (no scuba fins!!!)
- Weight-belt (rubber or silicone, scuba belts not ideal)
- Weights: 12-15 lbs per person (1-3 lbs sized weights ideally)
- Mask and snorkel (freediving specific low volume recommended)!
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
- Visit the Freedive Wire Shop for an excellent selection of freediving equipment: https://shop.freedivewire.com/
1. It is the student's responsibility to purchase or rent the equipment needed for the course.
2. We highly suggest purchasing your own gear. It's an investment worth making in freediving.
- Best Option for Freediving Gear in Calgary: The Calgary Dive Shop | 4652 Macleod Trail S, Calgary, AB T2G 5E8
6) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
7) SPECIALS & PERKS:
- Course participants receive 10% off Oceaner Freediving custom made wetsuit (hand-made in Burnaby, BC)
- Course participants receive 10% off Alchemy Carbon Fins (hand-made in Athens, Greece)
- Course participants receive 10% off selected Freedive Wire Shop equipment
8) PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and limit spaces, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- No worries, we have a great cancellation policy. Please see below.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).
iii. Cancellation Policy:
- Full refund of PAYMENT 30 days BEFORE start date of event.
- Full refund or credit issued if event is cancelled by Sea to Sky Freediving due to unforeseeable circumstances.
- No refund of PAYMENT 30 days or less BEFORE start date of event.
Molchanovs Open Water Course
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).