Thu, Apr 28|
Dahab Training Week - 1 Week at the Mecca of Freediving in Dahab, South Sinai, Egypt
Join Sea to Sky Freediving and Luca Malaguti for a one week training camp in the Mecca of freediving: Dahab, Egypt! Sea to Sky Freediving will join TouchDown School for training and coaching for all levels.
Time & Location
Apr 28, 2022, 9:00 AM – May 04, 2022, 9:00 AM
Dahab, Egypt, Dahab, South Sinai Governorate, Egypt
About The Event
Join your Sea to Sky Freediving instructor and professional Canadian athlete Luca Malaguti in Dahab, Egypt this April 2022 for a Freediving Training Camp at the mecca of freediving: Blue Hole, Dahab, Egypt! Sea to Sky Freediving, Canada's top Molchanovs Education Center, will join the TouchDown School for a week of training and coaching! See you there!
We'll be having a jam-packed week including: Freediving, training, yoga, canyon exploration, discover the Blue Hole and snorkelling the local reefs.
Have a read below (there's plenty of info!!!) to see what's included and how to prep for the Dahab Training Camp.
What's Included: BASICALLY YOU BOOK YOUR FLIGHT, WE TAKE CARE OF THE REST!
- 1 week (6 days) of freediving at TouchDown School with professional freedivers
- Professional coaching from Canadian Record Holder Luca Malaguti
- Photographs and training videos for technique analysis
- Morning dive sessions (usually 1-2 hours per session) at Lighthouse and Blue Hole
- Access to TouchDown School, coffee shop, classroom and relaxing space
- Afternoon theory, stretching, snorkeling, reef exploration and adventuring
- Group transportation for exploration and adventuring to the local Wadi (i.e. mountain canyons)
- Group transporation to the Blue Hole included (min. 2 days at the Blue Hole)
- 10% discount on any equipment from the Molchanovs Online Shop
What's not included:
- Accomodation is not included
- Flights to Egypt
- Transport from Sharm el Sheikh airport to Dahab, Egypt (depends on individual's arrival, we will send driver to you)
- Food (great restaurants in town and local grocery stores) Sauna in the Desert EVENING***
- Blue Hole National Park Fee not included (usually 5-10 $USD per person) & police check-point/permit fees
Itinerary & Schedule:
Day 0 - Arrival Day - We recommend arriving by April 27, 2022 the latest*
Day 1 - April 28, 2022: Freediving Lighthouse 8AM-12PM & video analysis and theory 4-6PM
Day 2 - April 29, 2022: Freediving Lighthouse 8AM-12PM + EQ Training w/ Gus Kreivenas PM**
Day 3 - April 30, 2022: Freediving Blue Hole + Exploring around Blue Hole after lunch (ALL DAY: 7AM-4PM)
Day 4 - May 1 , 2022: DRY DAY (Morning OFF) + Yoga w/ Julia Amino 5PM @ TouchDown
Day 5 - May 2, 2022: Freediving Lighthouse 8AM-12PM & Sauna in the Desert 3PM-7PM
Day 6 - May 3, 2022: Freediving Lighthouse 8AM-12PM & Pool Training at BOF 4-6PM
Day 7 - May 4, 2022: Freediving Blue Hole + Photography w/ Federico Buzzoni (ALL DAY)
Day 8 - May 5, 2022: Departure Day (Leaving for Hurghada via Sharm el Sheikh)
*Please note we recommend taking one extra day to arrive and leave.
**Depends on availablity of persons.
***Sauna evening not mandatory and not included in price.
Cost of the Dahab Training Camp 2022:
695 $CAD + taxes per person
Requirements for Entry to Egypt:
- Abide by Government of Egypt entry requirements (Canadians have no problem visiting with a Visa on arrival)
- More info regarding obtaining Visa for Egypt as a Canadian
- Be fully vaccinated and arrive with proof of vaccination (will be easier for entry)
- Follow your airlines travel protocols when departing Canada
- Arrive with a valid Negative PCR Test (it's the new travel norm so be it!)
Best way to get to Sharm el Sheikh from Canada:
From Vancouver/Calgary: Through London Gatwick and Cairo direct
Best way to get from Sharm el Sheikh Airport to Dahab:
Private taxi from Sharm el Sheikh Airport directly to Dahab: c. 1 hour and 40 $CAD
**We will send a private and modern taxi (our friend Hossein) to pick you up and drop off
What to bring for freediving and how to prepare yourself for Dahab:
1. Freediving wetsuit (2-piece wetsuit 3mm thick is recommended)
2. Mask, snorkel and fins
3. Weight-belt and weights (can be provided as well)
4. Neckweight (personal preference of course)
5. Light and breathable clothes (a warm sweater is also advisable)
6. Light shoes, sandals, plenty of shorts and t-shirts
7. Sun protection
Conditions in Dahab in April:
> In April, the days are sunny and warm, but nights can be cool and dry
> There's plenty of wind in Dahab, so a sweater or windbreaker is advisable
> Air temperature ranges from high of 30 to low of 25 Degrees Celsius
> Water temperature in Dahab can vary from 23 to 25 Degrees Celsius
Hope to see you there this April and May 2022! SPOTS ARE LIMITED SO PLEASE RESERVE EARLY!
Dahab Training Camp 2022
1 week professional training, accommodation in a private room, gear and local transportation included.CA$695.00Tax: +CA$83.40 GST/PSTSold Out
This event is sold out