Sun, Oct 09|
Lake Minnewanka, Banff, Alberta
Depth Training Session - Lake Minnewanka, Banff, AB
Join your coach Luca Malaguti for a 3 HOUR open water session where you can practice and review and skills, finish any skill for your certification, attempt a Personal Best (PB) or maximum depth with professional safety and just come dive for fun!
Time & Location
Oct 09, 2022, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Lake Minnewanka, Banff, Alberta, Lake Minnewanka Scenic Dr, Improvement District No. 9, AB T1L 1K2, Canada
About The Event
Join Sea to Sky Freediving Co. & Luca Malaguti for an evening of training and skills!
Join your coach Luca Malaguti for a 3 HOUR open water session where you can:
- Practice and review and skills
- Finish any skill for you Wave Certification Requirements
- Attempt a Personal Best (PB) or maximum depth with professional safety
- Come out, meet other divers and have fun!
TIME & PLACE:
- Meet at Lake Minnewanka Sunday October 9th, 2022 at 10AM
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop & comfortable in an open water setting
- Freediving certificate or similar experience in skill/training
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring all your freediving gear
- Signed medical and liability forms
- Tea, snacks and yoga mat
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (7mm thickness recommend)
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins!!!)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel (no scuba fins!!!)
- Weight-belt (rubber or silicone, scuba belts not ideal)
- Weights: 12-15 lbs per person (1-3 lbs sized weights ideally)
- Mask and snorkel (freediving specific low volume recommended)!
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
- GEAR RENTAL: The Calgary Dive Shop | 4652 Macleod Trail S, Calgary, AB T2G 5E8
PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
> Message Luca with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Call at: 236-777-4956
See you in the water!!
"Be water my friends...be water"
TERMS, CONDITIONS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
i. Payment Details:
- Due to limit spaces, we are asking for full payment upon booking.
- For multi-day expeditions, deposits are required upon registration.
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients can e-transfer to email@example.com.
- PayPal transfers also available (3.5% additional transfer fee).
ii. Cancellation Policy (2022-2023):
- Full refund 60 days before the event starting date.
- 50% refund between 60 days and 30 days of event starting date.
- No refund after 30 days of event starting date.
- Please note that any refunds might be subject to withholding of payment and/or transfer fees.
iii. Terms & Conditions
- Participants agree to have the adequate skills, health, fitness and meet the all pre-requirements prior to signing up for any event.
- Participants assume they're own responsibility in sourcing their own personal required gear and equipment prior to a course.
- Participants acknowledge we are diving in open water, and thus subject to adverse weather, tides, currents and other environmental factors.
- Due to certain environmental factors beyond the control of Sea to Sky Freediving Co. an event may be delayed, postponed or cancelled.
Molchanovs Open Water Course
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).CA$100.00Tax: +CA$5.00 GST