Mon, Jan 10|
Dominica Training Camp - 1 Week Freediving the Nature Island - Soufriere, Dominica
Join Sea to Sky Freediving and Luca Malaguti for a one week training camp on the Nature Island of the Caribbean: Dominica! This "active vacation" will have you freediving every day, exploring the beautiful reefs, photography sessions, spearfishing and hot springs after a long day of diving!
Time & Location
Jan 10, 2022, 7:00 AM – Jan 16, 2022, 8:00 PM
Soufriere, Soufriere, Dominica
About The Event
Join your Sea to Sky Freediving instructor and professional Canadian athlete Luca Malaguti in Dominica this January 2022 for a Freediving Training Camp on the Nature Island. Dominica is known as "the Nature Island" since it's truly a off-the-beaten-track location and one of the most stunning locations for freediving.
We'll be having a jam-packed week including: freediving, yoga, island exploration, discover waterfalls, canyon adventuring, snorkelling the local reefs and spearfishing lionfish!
Have a read below (there's plenty of info!!!) to see what's included and how to prep for the Dominica Training Camp!
- 1 week (7 nights) of accomodation at local Soufriere Guesthouse for freedivers (private or dorm rooms available)
- 1 week of freediving on a professional competition-grade platform with no depth limit, no waves, no current!
- Professional coaching and safety from an 80-meter freediver (your coach and instructor Luca Malaguti)
- Photographs and films of diving and experiences
- Morning dive sessions (usually 1-2 hours per session)
- Access to a dive shop for leaving gear, using showers, bathroom, etc.
- Afternoon theory, yoga and stretching AND/OR snorkeling, reef exploration and island adventuring
- Spearfishing local invasive species (lionfish): learn where to go, how to catch and how to cook!
- Group transporation for island exploration and adventuring to waterfalls and canyons!
- 10% discount on any freediving wetsuit or freediving fins from the Freedive Wire Shop
What's not included:
- Flights to Dominica (depends on individual's schedule and itinerary)
- Transport from airport to Soufriere, Dominica (depends on individual's schedule and itinerary)
- Food (restaurants in town and local grocery store)
- Drinks (Dale's Bubble Beach Spa & Bar)
Itinerary & Schedule:
Day 0 - Arrival Day - We recommend arriving by January 9, 2022 or earlier
Day 1 - January 10, 2022: Freediving AM + Yoga and hot springs PM
Day 2 - January 11, 2022: Freediving AM + Snorkelling/Spearfishing L'Abysse Wall PM
Day 3 - January 12, 2022: Freediving AM + Yoga and Volcano Crater Hike
Day 4 - January 13, 2022: DAY OFF - Snorkelling Champagne Reef AM + Waterfalls & Canyon Exploring PM
Day 5 - January 14, 2022: Freediving AM + Snorkelling/Hiking Scott's Head Point
Day 6 - January 15, 2022: Freediving AM + Yoga and meditation/lung gymnastics
Day 7 - January 16, 2022: Freediving AM + Yoga and evening party at Dale's Beach Bar & Spa
Day 8 - January 17, 2022: Departure Day - Sad to see you leave on this day, but we'll run these every year!
*Please note we recommend taking one extra day to arrive and leave.
**Accommodation is covered for 7 nights, of course for an additional fee you can stay for longer!
Cost of the Dominica Training Camp 2022:
We offer three options of stay and accomodation at the Soufriere Guesthouse:
1) With a 1-week stay in a private room (single): 1,250 $CAD + taxes
2) With a 1-week stay in a private room (shared/couple): 1,050 $CAD + taxes
3) With a 1-week stay in a dorm room (single): 950 $CAD + taxes
**Deposit: Please note a deposit of 250$CAD per person is required upon registration
Requirements for Entry to Dominica:
- Abide by Government of Dominica entry requirements (Canadians have no problem visiting up to 3 months)
- Be fully vaccinated and arrive with proof of vaccination (will be easier for entry)
- Arrive with a valid Negative PCR Test (it's the new travel norm so be it!)
- More information for travelling to Dominica during COVID-19 (CLICK HERE)
Best way to get to Dominica from Canada:
1) From Vancouver/Calgary: Through Chicago airport(s), then San Juan (SJU), then to Dominica (DOM)
2) From Toronto/Montreal: Through New York airport(s), then San Juan (SJU), then to Dominica (DOM)
Best way to get from Dominica Airport (DOM) to Soufriere:
1) Private taxi directly to Soufriere from airport (c. 50-60 USD)
2) Shared bus to Roseau Town (5 USD) and then shared bus (or taxi) to Soufriere (2 USD for bus)
**You will ask to be dropped off at Soufriere Guesthouse (well known place)
What to bring for freediving and how to prepare yourself for Dominica:
1. Freediving wetsuit (2-piece wetsuit either 1.5mm or 3mm is recommended)
2. Mask, snorkel and fins
3. Weight-belt and weights (can be provided as well)
4. Neckweight (personal preference of course)
5. Light raingear and breathable clothes (a warm sweater is also advisable)
6. Light hiking boots, plenty of shorts and t-shirts
7. Sun protection and mosquito protection
8. Visit Government of Canada Travel Advice for Dominica
9. Visit Government of Canada vaccine and medical advice for Dominica
Conditions in Dominica in January:
> In January the humidity is less and far more comfortable for walking around
> Air temperature ranges from high of 30 to low of 20 Degrees Celsius
> Water temperature in Soufriere can vary from 24 to 27 Degrees Celsius
> Usually sunny, with occasional rains
Hope to see you there this January 2022! SPOTS ARE LIMITED SO PLEASE RESERVE EARLY!
Dominica Training Camp 2022
Deposit for Dominica Training Camp 2022CA$250.00Sold Out
This event is sold out