Mon, Jan 16|
Dominica Training Camp - Freediving the Nature Island - Soufriere, Dominica
Join Sea to Sky Freediving and Luca Malaguti for a one week training camp on the Nature Island of the Caribbean: Dominica! This "active vacation" will have you freediving every day, exploring the beautiful reefs, photography sessions, spearfishing and hot springs after a long day of diving!
Time & Location
Jan 16, 2023, 8:00 AM – Jan 22, 2023, 5:00 PM
Soufriere, Dominica, Dominica
About The Event
Sea to Sky Freediving Co. & Canadian Record Holder Luca Malaguti are back in Dominica next January 2023!
Thanks to popular during our last training camp this January 2022, we're running this again! We had such a great time this year, and many from Vancouver (and all over Canada!) came down for a week of magic.
Our Freediving Training Camp will be held on the Nature Island. Dominica is known as "the Nature Island" since it's truly a off-the-beaten-track location and one of the most stunning locations for freediving.
We'll be having a jam-packed week including: freediving, yoga, island exploration, discover waterfalls, canyon adventuring, snorkelling the local reefs and spearfishing lionfish!
- 7 days of freediving on a professional competition-grade platform
- 7 nights of accomodation (private room or dorm room) at Soufriere's Guesthouse
- Lunch every day (black bean burger or lionfish burger & beverage)
- Professional coaching and safety from an 85-meter freediver (your coach and instructor Luca Malaguti)
- Professional quality photographs and films of diving and experiences
- Morning dive sessions (usually 1-2 hours per session)
- Access to a dive shop for leaving gear, using showers, bathroom, etc.
- Theory, yoga, stretching, snorkeling, reef exploration and island adventuring
- Visualization techniques, meditation and advanced equalization workshop
- Spearfishing local invasive species (lionfish): learn where to go, how to catch and how to cook!
- Spearfishing gear, equipment and supplies
- Group transporation for island exploration and adventuring to waterfalls and canyons!
What's not included:
- Flights to Dominica (depends on individual's schedule and itinerary)
- Transport from airport to Soufriere, Dominica (depends on individual's schedule and itinerary)
- Food & drinks (restaurants in town and local grocery store)
Itinerary & Schedule:
Day 0 - Arrival Day - We recommend arriving by January 15, 2023 or earlier
Day 1 - January 16, 2023: Freediving AM + Yoga and hot springs PM
Day 2 - January 17, 2023: Freediving AM + Snorkelling/Spearfishing L'Abysse Wall PM
Day 3 - January 18, 2023: Freediving AM + Yoga and Volcano Crater Hike
Day 4 - January 19, 2023: DAY OFF - Snorkelling Champagne Reef AM + Waterfalls & Canyon Exploring PM
Day 5 - January 20, 2023: Freediving AM + Snorkelling/Hiking Scott's Head Point
Day 6 - January 21, 2023: Freediving AM + Yoga and meditation/lung gymnastics
Day 7 - January 22, 2023: Freediving AM + Yoga and evening party at Dale's Beach Bar & Spa
Day 8 - January 23, 2023: Departure Day - Sad to see you leave on this day, but we'll run these every year!
*Please note we recommend taking one extra day to arrive and leave.
Cost of the Dominica Training Camp 2023:
1. With a 1-week stay in a shared dorm room - single person: 1,150 $CAD + GST
2. With a 1-week stay in a private room - single person: 1,650 $CAD + GST
3. With a 1-week stay in a private room - couple: 1,250 $CAD + GST (PRICE PER PERSON)
> This price includes accomodation (7 nights), lunch every day, dive shop access, platform and equipment fees (7 days), transportation, coaching and photography.
> Yes, it's a very good price I know ;)
> Note, price is based 6 or more people joining. I'm certain (like last year) we'll have to sadly turn people away.
Requirements for Entry to Dominica:
- Abide by Government of Dominica entry requirements (Canadians have no problem visiting up to 3 months)
- Be fully vaccinated and arrive with proof of vaccination (will be easier for entry)
- More information for travelling to Dominica during COVID-19 (CLICK HERE)
Best way to get to Dominica from Canada:
1) From Vancouver/Calgary: Through Chicago airport(s), then San Juan (SJU), then to Dominica (DOM)
2) From Toronto/Montreal: Through New York airport(s), then San Juan (SJU), then to Dominica (DOM)
Best way to get from Dominica Airport (DOM) to Soufriere:
1) Private taxi directly to Soufriere from airport (c. 50-60 USD)
2) Shared bus to Roseau Town (5 USD) and then shared bus (or taxi) to Soufriere (2 USD for bus)
**You will ask to be dropped off at Soufriere Guesthouse (well known place)
What to bring for freediving and how to prepare yourself for Dominica:
1. Freediving wetsuit (2-piece wetsuit either 1.5mm or 3mm is recommended)
2. Mask, snorkel and fins
3. Weight-belt and weights (can be provided as well)
4. Neckweight (personal preference of course)
5. Light raingear and breathable clothes (a warm sweater is also advisable)
6. Light hiking boots, plenty of shorts and t-shirts
7. Sun protection and mosquito protection
8. Visit Government of Canada Travel Advice for Dominica
9. Visit Government of Canada vaccine and medical advice for Dominica
Conditions in Dominica in January:
> In January the humidity is less and far more comfortable for walking around
> Air temperature ranges from high of 30 to low of 20 Degrees Celsius
> Water temperature in Soufriere can vary from 24 to 27 Degrees Celsius
> Usually sunny, with occasional rains
Please let me know if you have any questions, contact me (Luca) at:
Cellphone (WhatsApp): +1-236-777-4956
SPOTS ARE LIMITED (SMALL GROUPS AS ALWAYS!) SO PLEASE RESERVE EARLY!
Hope to see you there this January 2023!
Private Room (Single Person)
Dominica Training Camp 2023 - Private Room - Single PersonCA$1,650.00Tax: +CA$198.00 PST/GSTSold Out
Dorm Room (Single Person)
Dominica Training Camp 2023 - Shared Dorm Room (Single Person)CA$1,150.00Tax: +CA$138.00 PST/GSTSold Out
This event is sold out