Sun, Sep 05|
Freediving & Spearfishing - Coaching & Training - Ucluelet, BC
Join us for a full day of training by a professional freediving athlete and instructor. Open to all certified freedivers looking for training in depth, diving techniques, equalization skills, improves breath-hold and more.
Time & Location
Sep 05, 2021, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM PDT
Ucluelet, Ucluelet, BC, Canada
About The Event
FULL DAY - Freedive Coaching & Training Session - Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada
PLEASE READ (1) to (8) below. It's a lot to read I know, but there's plenty of info for you!
1) EVENT DESCRIPTION:
A coaching and training session is intended for any certified freedivers looking to improve their skills. You've taken a course to learn the fundamental skills. Coaching will help you improve on those skills, dive deeper, have a better breath-hold, improve your technique and equalization skills.
This is your opportunity to pick the mind of a professional athlete and deep freediver.
During our FULL DAY training session, you choose which topics you want to work on. We dive on a fully prepared, professional setup with a maximum depth of 75 meters (260 feet).
This course is suitable for anyone looking to dive deeper, train for competitions and become a better spearfisher.
2) COURSE PRICING:
- Coaching Cost: 349 $CAD + applicable taxes per person
- Course Payment: Due to limited spaces, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please see below.
When: September 5, 2021 (10AM - 6PM) of coaching and training.
Where: Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada
What: Two full length water sessions (1.5-2 hours each). Dry training, equalization skills, breathwork, mental preparation in between sessions.**
*Please note location and time is subject to change to adhere to best diving conditions (i.e. weather, currents, tides, access to depth, visibility, etc.)
** Skills and techniques will vary depending on level of experience of divers attending.
4) COURSE PRE-REQUISITES:
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop & comfortable in an open water setting
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
- Signed COVID-19 liability and waiver form.
5) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (5mm to 7mm thickness recommend)
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel
- Rubber/nylon weight-belt and weights
- Mask and snorkel (freedivign specific low volume recommended)
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
- Visit the Freedive Wire Shop for an excellent selection of freediving equipment: https://shop.freedivewire.com/
1. It is the student's responsibility to purchase or rent the equipment needed for the course.
2. We highly suggest purchasing your own gear. It's an investment worth making in freediving.
3. There are some local rental options we suggest:
- Diving Sports (1449 Prairie Ave #4, Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 1S9, Canada) | 604-472-9803 | Speak to Achraf for a full freediving kit and 10% OFF ANY RENTAL WITH PROMO CODE: "SEATOSKYFREEDIVERS"
- Sea Dragon Charters (6373 Bruce St, West Vancouver, BC V7W 2G5 | (604) 329-3486 | Speak to Jan for a freediving gear package rental.
6) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
7) SPECIALS & PERKS:
- Course participants receive 10% off Oceaner Freediving custom made wetsuit (hand-made in Burnaby, BC)
- Course participants receive 10% off Alchemy Carbon Fins (hand-made in Athens, Greece)
- Course participants receive 10% off selected Freedive Wire Shop equipment
8) PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and limit spaces, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- No worries, we have a great cancellation policy. Please see below.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).
iii. Cancellation Policy:
- Full refund of PAYMENT 30 days BEFORE start date of event.
- Full refund or credit issued if event is cancelled by Sea to Sky Freediving due to unforeseeable circumstances.
- No refund of PAYMENT 30 days or less BEFORE start date of event.
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).CA$349.00Tax: +CA$41.88 GST/PST