Thu, Aug 11|
Intro Freediver Course - Porteau Cove, BC
The Lap 1 intro freediver course is a course intended for anyone looking to try out what freediving is all about! Learn how to safely hold your breath, freediving safety and rescue skills. You will also have access to the Molchanovs online platform, dry training exercises and Base Training Program.
Time & Location
Aug 11, 2022, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM PDT
Vancouver, BC, Unnamed Road, Squamish-Lillooet D, BC, Canada
About The Event
Intro Freediver Course - Molchanovs Lap 1 - Porteau Cove, Howe Sound, BC, Canada
Please note that dates and times are subject to change due to pool closures or other unforeseen events. A full refund will be guaranteed if the re-scheduling is at fault of Sea to Sky Freediving. Please read our terms and conditions below for more information.
PLEASE READ (1) to (8) below. It's a lot to read I know, but there's plenty of info for you!
Introduction to Freediving Course (Molchanovs Lap 1 Freediver Course)
This introductory freediver course by Molchanovs Freediving is intended for anyone interested in freediving, or apnea diving. After this course you will know the fundamentals required to be a safe freediver and will receive an international certificate of freediving (apnea) from Molchanovs Freediving. This one day course will teach you to hold your breath safely, the necessary safety and rescue skills.
This course will also provide you access to all of Molchanovs online platform, dry training exercises, Base Training programs, Workout of the Week and the famed Molchanovs Movement.
The course includes:
- Lap 1 International Freediving Certificate
- Access to online materials and training
- Registration with Molchanovs Dashboard and Molchanovs Base Training
- Confined Water Session*
- Intro to Open Water
- Practice Free Immersion (FIM) technique on the line
- Learn the basics of safety and rescue in freediving
- Learn static apnea
*Please note if pools are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, the confined water session will be replaced by an additional open water session at no additional cost.
- Free medical coverage for students: an exclusive benefit for DAN Professional Members.
- Offered at no cost to the student.
- Up to US$25,000 coverage for medical expenses for injuries occurring during entry-level training.
- Coverage ends 180 days after registration or until last certifying dive.
2) COURSE PRICING:
- Course Cost: 325 $CAD + applicable taxes per person
- Course Includes Lap 1 Freediver Certificate
- Course Payment: Due to limited spots, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please see below.
Please expect a full day of diving, learning and fun!
- When: Thursday August 4 , 2022 from 8AM - 6PM (Full day!)
- Where: Porteau Cove Marine Park, Howe Sound, BC, Canada
4) COURSE PRE-REQUISITES:
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop & comfortable in an open water setting
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
- Signed COVID-19 liability and waiver form.
5) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (5mm to 7mm thickness recommend) or a 7mm surfing wetsuit with hood
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel
- Rubber/nylon weight-belt and weights
- Mask and snorkel
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
- Visit the Freedive Wire Shop for an excellent selection of freediving equipment: https://shop.freedivewire.com/
- Receive 10% off selected Molchanovs Equipment using code "SEATOSKY10" here: https://molchanovs.com/
1. It is the student's responsibility to purchase or rent the equipment needed for the course.
2. We highly suggest purchasing your own gear. It's an investment worth making in freediving.
3. For local rental and purchase we suggest:
- Sea Dragon Charters - 6373 Bruce St, West Vancouver, BC V7W 2G5 | (604) 329-3486 | Speak to Jan for a freediving gear rental package.
- Diving Sports Canada - 4578 Main St, Vancouver, BC V5V 3R5, Canada | (604) 694-1886 | Speak to Achraf for a freediving gear rental package.
6) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to limit spaces, we are asking for full payment upon booking.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (3.5% additional transfer fee).
iii. Cancellation Policy (Starting January 2022):
- Full refund 90 days before the event starting date.
- 50% refund between 90 days and 60 days of event starting date.
- No refund after 60 days of event starting date.
- Please note refunds might be subject to withholding of payment/transfer fees.
Molchanovs Intro Course
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).CA$325.00Tax: +CA$39.00 GST/PSTSold Out
This event is sold out