Thu, Apr 07|
Molchanovs Lap 1 - Intro Freediver Course - Calgary, AB
The Lap 1 intro freediver course is a course intended for anyone looking to try out what freediving is all about! Learn how to safely hold your breath, freediving safety and rescue skills.
Time & Location
Apr 07, 2022, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Calgary, AB, 4652 Macleod Trail S, Calgary, AB T2G 5E8, Canada
About The Event
Intro Freediver Course - Molchanovs Lap 1 - THE DIVE SHOP, Calgary, AB
Please note that dates and times are subject to change due to pool closures or other unforeseen events. A full refund will be guaranteed if the re-scheduling is at fault of Sea to Sky Freediving. Please read our terms and conditions below for more information.
PLEASE READ (1) to (8) below. It's a lot to read I know, but there's plenty of info for you!
Introduction to Freediving Course (Molchanovs Lap 1 Freediver Course)
This introductory freediver course by Molchanovs Freediving is intended for anyone interested in freediving, or apnea diving. After this course you will know the fundamentals required to be a safe freediver and will receive an international certificate of freediving (apnea) from Molchanovs Freediving. This one day course will teach you to hold your breath safely, the necessary safety and rescue skills.
This course will also provide you access to all of Molchanovs online platform, dry training exercises, Base Training programs, Workout of the Week and the famed Molchanovs Movement.
The course includes:
- Lap 1 International Freediving Certificate
- Access to online materials and training
- Registration with Molchanovs Dashboard and Molchanovs Base Training
- Confined Water Session
- Freediving knowledge and theory
- Learn the basics of safety and rescue in freediving
- Learn static apnea
- Surfing Survival Training exercises
- Free medical coverage for students: an exclusive benefit for DAN Professional Members.
- Offered at no cost to the student.
- Up to US$25,000 coverage for medical expenses for injuries occurring during entry-level training.
- Coverage ends 180 days after registration or until last certifying dive.
2) COURSE PRICING:
- Course Cost: 249 $CAD + applicable taxes per person
- Course Cost Includes Lap 1 Freediver Certificate
- Course Payment: Due to limited spots, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please see below.
Please expect a full day of diving, learning and fun!
- When: April 21, 2021 at 6PM - 10PM
- Where: The Dive Shop Calgary, Calgary, AB
4) COURSE PRE-REQUISITES:
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
5) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Pool wetsuit (surfing, triathlon or snorkelling wetsuit)
- Mask and snorkel
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
1. It is the student's responsibility to purchase or rent the equipment needed for the course.
2. We highly suggest purchasing your own gear. It's an investment worth making in freediving.
3. The Dive Shop Calgary has equipment for purchase and rental!
6) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
7) SPECIALS & PERKS:
- Receive 10% off Oceaner Freediving custom-made wetsuits (hand-made in Burnaby, BC)
- Receive 10% off Alchemy Carbon Fins (hand-made in Athens, Greece)
- Receive 10% off selected Freedive Wire Shop equipment
- Receive 10% off select Molchanovs Equipment
8) PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and logistical reasons, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- No worries, we have an excellent cancellation policy. Please see below.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian students can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal or WISE transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).
iii. Cancellation Policy:
- Full refund of PAYMENT 30 days BEFORE start date of event.
- Full refund or credit issued if event is cancelled by Sea to Sky Freediving due to unforeseeable circumstances.
- No refund of PAYMENT 30 days or less BEFORE start date of event.
Molchanovs Intro Course
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).CA$249.00Tax: +CA$12.45 GST