Mon, Dec 11|
NEW DATES! - Dominica Training Camp - December 11th to 17th, 2023 - Soufriere, Dominica
NEW DATES! Our November expedition is fully booked so we have new dates for December! Join us for freediving every day, exploring the beautiful reefs, photography sessions, spearfishing lionfish & hot springs after a long day of diving!
Time & Location
Dec 11, 2023, 9:00 AM – Dec 17, 2023, 5:00 PM
Soufriere, Dominica, Dominica
About The Event
NEW DATES! - DOMINICA TRAINING CAMP - December 11th to December 17th, 2023 - SOUFRIERE, DOMINICA
Our November dates are full, so here we go, we're running another trainin week in December!
Dominica is known as "the Nature Island" is truly an "off-the-beaten-track" spot and one of the most stunning locations for freediving. We like to call it "Jurassic Park" because of its wild and raw nature.
We'll be having a jam-packed week including our main events:
1. Freediving every day: Learn to dive deeper and longer on one breath-hold.
2. Invasive lionfish hunting: Learn to spearfish, prep and cook delicious lionfish.
3. Island Exploring: Join us on a discovery mission of caves, waterfalls and hot springs.
1. WHAT'S INCLUDED:
- 7 days of freediving on a professional competition-grade platform
- 7 nights of accomodation (private room or dorm room) at Soufriere's Guesthouse
- Lunch every diving day (black bean burger or lionfish burger & beverage)
- Professional coaching and safety from a 300ft freediver (your coach and instructor Luca Malaguti)
- Professional quality photographs and films of diving and experiences
- Island exploration and adventure to waterfalls and canyons on day off
- Access to dive shop for leaving gear, using showers, bathroom, etc.
- Theory, yoga, stretching, snorkeling, reef exploration and island adventuring
- Visualization techniques, meditation and advanced equalization workshop
- Hunting local invasive species (lionfish): learn where to go, how to catch and how to cook!*
- Spearfishing gear, equipment and supplies
*To learn more about hunting invasive lionfish in the Carribean and their negative impacts on the marine ecosystem please visit NOAA Fisheries to learn more.
2. WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Flights to Dominica (depends on individual's schedule and itinerary)
- Transport from airport to Soufriere, Dominica (depends on individual's schedule and itinerary)
- Food & drinks (restaurants in town and local grocery store)
3. OUR ITINERARY AND SCHEDULE:
Day 0 - Arrival Day - We recommend arriving by December 10, 2023 or earlier
Day 1 - December 11, 2023: Freediving AM + Yoga and hot springs PM
Day 2 - December 12, 2023: Freediving AM + Snorkelling/Spearfishing L'Abysse Wall PM
Day 3 - December 13, 2023: Freediving AM + Evening Kayak + BBQ
Day 4 - December 14, 2023: DAY OFF - Island Exploration + Waterfalls/Canyon Exploring PM
Day 5 - December 15, 2023: Freediving AM + Snorkelling/Hiking Scott's Head Point
Day 6 - December 16, 2023: Freediving AM + Yoga and meditation/lung gymnastics
Day 7 - December 17, 2023: Freediving AM + Yoga and evening party at Dale's Beach Bar & Spa
Day 8 - Departure Day - December 18, 2023 or later - Sad to see you leave on this day, but we'll run these every year!
*Please note we recommend taking one extra day to arrive and leave.
We offer two options based on accomodation. Private room (single) and private room shared by a couple (i.e. 2 persons).
1. Private room - Couple (Note this price is per person in the couple): 1,850 $CAD + GST
2. Private room - Single Person: 2,250 $CAD + GST
* Spots are limited (small group size maximum 6-8 persons) so please book early!
** Contact us for the option of providing a deposit to secure your spot.
***Note that prices are in Canadian Dollars ($CAD)
5. TRAVEL SUGGESTIONS & REMINDERS:
Requirements for Entry to Dominica:
- Abide by Government of Dominica entry requirements (Canadians have no problem visiting up to 3 months)
- Be fully vaccinated and arrive with proof of vaccination (will be easier for entry)
- More information for travelling to Dominica during COVID-19 (CLICK HERE)
- Visit Government of Canada Travel Advice for Dominica
- Visit Government of Canada vaccine and medical advice for Dominica
Best way to get to Dominica from Canada:
1) From Vancouver/Calgary: Through Chicago airport(s), then San Juan (SJU), then to Dominica (DOM)
2) From Toronto/Montreal: Through New York airport(s), then San Juan (SJU), then to Dominica (DOM)
Best way to get from Dominica Airport (DOM) to Soufriere:
1) Private taxi directly to Soufriere from airport (c. 50-60 USD)
2) Shared bus to Roseau Town (5 USD) and then shared bus (or taxi) to Soufriere (2 USD for bus)
**You will ask to be dropped off at Soufriere Guesthouse (well known place)
6. WHAT TO BRING:
1. Freediving wetsuit (2-piece wetsuit either 1.5mm or 3mm is recommended)
2. Mask, snorkel and fins
3. Weight-belt and weights (can be provided as well)
4. Neckweight (personal preference of course)
5. Light raingear and breathable clothes (a warm sweater is also advisable)
6. Light hiking boots, plenty of shorts and t-shirts
7. Sun protection and mosquito protection
8. Head-lamp is recommended
7. WEATHER & CONDITIONS:
> In December the humidity is less and far more comfortable for walking around
> Air temperature ranges from high of 30 to low of 20 Degrees Celsius at night
> Water temperature in Soufriere can vary from 26 to 27 Degrees Celsius
> Usually sunny, with occasional rains
8. CONTACT US:
Sea to Sky Freediving Co.
Cellphone (WhatsApp): +1-236-777-4956
Hope to see you there this Fall 2023!
- Luca & The Team
Private Room (Single Person)
Dominica Training Camp Fall 2023 - Private Room - Single PersonCA$2,250.00Tax: +CA$270.00 PST/GST
Private Room (Couple)
Dominica Training Camp Fall 2023 - Private Room - Couple **Note this price is per person, as a couple you have to book two spots please.CA$1,850.00Tax: +CA$222.00 PST/GST