Tue, Jul 05|
PRIVATE - Coaching & Training - North Vancouver, BC
Private training session North Vancouver, BC.
Time & Location
Jul 05, 2022, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM PDT
North Vancouver, North Vancouver, BC, Canada
About The Event
PRIVATE - Freedive Coaching & Training Session - North Vancouver, BC
Please note that dates and times are subject to change due to pool closures or other unforeseen events. A full refund will be guaranteed if the re-scheduling is at fault of Sea to Sky Freediving. Please read our terms and conditions below for more information.
PLEASE READ (1) to (8) below. It's a lot to read I know, but there's plenty of info for you!
1) EVENT DESCRIPTION:
A coaching and training session is intended for any certified freedivers looking to improve their skills. You've taken a course to learn the fundamental skills. Coaching will help you improve on those skills, dive deeper, have a better breath-hold, improve your technique and equalization skills.
This is your opportunity to pick the mind of a professional athlete and deep freediver.
During our full day of training, you choose which topics you want to work on. We dive on a fully prepared, professional setup with a maximum depth of 75 meters (260 feet).
This course is suitable for anyone looking to dive deeper, train for competitions and become a better spearfisher.
2) COURSE PRICING:
- Coaching Cost: 449 $CAD + applicable taxes per person
- Course Payment: Due to limited spaces, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please see below.
A full day of training and coaching session with Luca Malaguti, professional freediver and Canadian Record Holder.
Please note location and time is subject to change to adhere to best diving conditions (i.e. weather, currents, tides, access to depth, visibility, etc.)
4) COURSE PRE-REQUISITES:
- Have a certification of AIDA 1/Lap 1 or equivalent experience/training
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop & comfortable in an open water setting
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
- Signed COVID-19 liability and waiver form.
5) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (5mm to 7mm thickness recommend) or a 7mm surfing wetsuit with hood
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel
- Rubber/nylon weight-belt and weights
- Mask and snorkel (freediving low volume recommended)
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
- Visit the Freedive Wire Shop for an excellent selection of freediving equipment: https://shop.freedivewire.com/
- Receive 10% off selected Molchanovs Equipment using code "SEATOSKY10" here: https://molchanovs.com/
1. It is the student's responsibility to purchase or rent the equipment needed for the course.
2. We highly suggest purchasing your own gear. It's an investment worth making in freediving.
3. For local rental and purchase we suggest:
- Sea Dragon Charters - 6373 Bruce St, West Vancouver, BC V7W 2G5 | (604) 329-3486 | Speak to Jan for a freediving gear rental package.
- Diving Sports Canada - 4578 Main St, Vancouver, BC V5V 3R5, Canada | (604) 694-1886 | Speak to Achraf for a freediving gear rental package.
6) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to limit spaces, we are asking for full payment upon booking.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (3.5% additional transfer fee).
iii. Cancellation Policy (Starting January 2022):
- Full refund 90 days before the event starting date.
- 50% refund between 90 days and 60 days of event starting date.
- No refund after 60 days of event starting date.
- Please note refunds might be subject to withholding of payment/transfer fees.
Private Coaching Session
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).CA$449.00Tax: +CA$53.88 GST/PSTSold Out
This event is sold out