Tue, Aug 03|
Sea to Sky Freediving & Spearfishing
Private Course - Molchanovs Lap 1 Freediver - Vancouver, Canada
The Lap 1 intro freediver course is a course intended for anyone looking to try out what freediving is all about! Learn how to safely hold your breath, freediving safety and rescue skills. You will also have access to the Molchanovs online platform, dry training exercises and Base Training Program.
Time & Location
Aug 03, 2021, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sea to Sky Freediving & Spearfishing, Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver, BC, Canada
About The Event
Intro Freediver Course - Molchanovs Lap 1 - Vancouver, Canada
Please note that dates and times are subject to change due to pool closures or other unforeseen events. A full refund will be guaranteed if the re-scheduling is at fault of Sea to Sky Freediving. Please read our terms and conditions below for more information.
PLEASE READ (1) to (8) below. It's a lot to read I know, but there's plenty of info for you!
Introduction to Freediving Course (Molchanovs Lap 1 Freediver Course)
This introductory freediver course by Molchanovs Freediving is intended for anyone interested in freediving, or apnea diving. After this course you will know the fundamentals required to be a safe freediver and will receive an international certificate of freediving (apnea) from Molchanovs Freediving. This one day course will teach you to hold your breath safely, the necessary safety and rescue skills.
This course will also provide you access to all of Molchanovs online platform, dry training exercises, Base Training programs, Workout of the Week and the famed Molchanovs Movement.
The course includes:
- Lap 1 International Freediving Certificate
- Access to online materials and training
- Registration with Molchanovs Dashboard and Molchanovs Base Training
- Online or classroom Theory Session
- Confined Water Session*
- Intro to Open Water
- Practice Free Immersion (FIM) technique on the line
- Learn the basics of safety and rescue in freediving
- Learn static apnea
*Please note if pools are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, the confined water session will be replaced by an additional open water session at no additional cost.
- Free medical coverage for students: an exclusive benefit for DAN Professional Members.
- Currently only offered for AIDA International registrations.
- Offered at no cost to the student.
- Up to US$25,000 coverage for medical expenses for injuries occurring during entry-level training.
- Coverage ends 180 days after registration or until last certifying dive.
2) COURSE PRICING:
- Course Cost: 275 $CAD + applicable taxes per person (Includes Lap 1 Freediver Certificate)
- Course Payment: Due to limited spots, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please see below.
Please expect a full day of diving, learning and fun!
Day 1 (Online): Online theory review, Q & A, Molchanovs Dashboard use & intro to Base Training
- Where & When: Online via Zoom Call the evening before we meet. Usually day before from 6PM to 9PM PST.
Day 2 (In Person): Open water part/confined water session*, intro to techniques, equalisation skills & safety/rescue
- Where & When: Whytecliff Park, Horseshoe Bay. 8AM - 6PM (Full day!)
4) COURSE PRE-REQUISITES:
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop & comfortable in an open water setting
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
- Signed COVID-19 liability and waiver form.
5) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (5mm to 7mm thickness recommend) or a 7mm surfing wetsuit with hood
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel
- Rubber/nylon weight-belt and weights
- Mask and snorkel
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
- Visit the Freedive Wire Shop for an excellent selection of freediving equipment: https://shop.freedivewire.com/
1. It is the student's responsibility to purchase or rent the equipment needed for the course.
2. We highly suggest purchasing your own gear. It's an investment worth making in freediving.
3. There are some local rental options we suggest:
- Diving Sports (1449 Prairie Ave #4, Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 1S9, Canada) | 604-472-9803 | Speak to Achraf for a full freediving kit and 10% OFF ANY RENTAL WITH PROMO CODE: "SEATOSKYFREEDIVERS"
- Sea Dragon Charters (6373 Bruce St, West Vancouver, BC V7W 2G5 | (604) 329-3486 | Speak to Jan for a freediving gear package rental.
- Ocean Quest Dive Centre (3790 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 1G4) | (604) 436-1157 | Speak to Fabiola for freediving gear package rental.
6) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
7) SPECIALS & PERKS:
- Course participants receive 10% off Oceaner Freediving custom made wetsuit (hand-made in Burnaby, British Columbia)
- Course participants receive 10% off Alchemy Carbon Fins (hand-made in Athens, Greece)
- Course participants receive 10% off selected Freedive Wire Shop equipment
8) PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and logistical reasons, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- No worries, we have an excellent cancellation policy. Please see below.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).
iii. Cancellation Policy:
- Full refund of PAYMENT 30 days BEFORE start date of event.
- Full refund or credit issued if event is cancelled by Sea to Sky Freediving due to unforeseeable circumstances.
- No refund of PAYMENT 30 days or less BEFORE start date of event.
Molchanovs Intro Course
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).