Sat, Jul 24|
Spearfishing Expedition - Rockfish Exploration - Ucluelet, BC
Join us for a 2-day spearfishing expedition Ucluelet, British Columbia. Learn about spearfishing, harvesting, safety and gear. See how freediving skills can be applied to sustainably and responsibly catching your own food.
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2021, 8:00 AM – Jul 25, 2021, 5:00 PM
Ucluelet, Ucluelet, BC, Canada
About The Event
Spearfishing Expedition - Uclulet, BC
Please note dates and hours are subject to change due to pool closures, overbooking or other unforeseen events. A full refund will be guaranteed if the re-scheduling is due to Sea to Sky Freediving. Please read our terms and policies for more information.
PLEASE READ (1) to (7) below.
Spearfishing is a sustainable way to gather one's own food and connect with the underwater world. Spearfishing can be a safe activity if properly learned and practiced. The first step is to become a competent and safe freediver. Knowing how to hold your breath, manage yourself underwater and identify risks is crucial in spearfishing.
What's included in the workshop:
- Learn about the equipment and gear we use
- Study the correct fish species and environments for fishing
- Gain the knowledge how to sustainably catch your own food
- Practice in water with professional safety and guidance
- Learn advanced diving techniques and equalization
- Learn about buoyancy control and gear management
- Small group size (maximum of 4-6 people)
- 1 session per day (min. 2 hour session)
- Knowledge review and discussion prior to water session
- A great day out in the water spearfishing
Please note times are subject to change based on weather and conditions.
- Workshop Cost: 349 $CAD + applicable taxes per person
- Course Deposit: Please note a 100$CAD deposit is required to reserve a spot in any event (REQUIRED AT BOOKING)
- Course duration is 2 days. Please note times are subject to change based on schedule, weather and conditions.
- Cancellation Policy: Please see below.
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
- A VALID FREEDIVING CERTIFICATE OR SIMILAR EXPERIENCE
- 100 $CAD deposit prior at time of reservation/booking
- Full payment provided no later than two weeks (14 days) prior to date of course
4) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (5mm to 7mm thickness recommend) or a 7mm surfing wetsuit with hood
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel
- Rubber/nylon weight-belt and weights
- Mask and snorkel
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- I suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
Please note it is the student's responsibility to have all the equipment required for the specific course, training or workshop.
Please note you can also rent this equipment at local dive shops. Three local options include:
- Diving Sports (1449 Prairie Ave #4, Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 1S9, Canada) | 604-472-9803 | Speak to Achraf for a full freediving kit and 10% OFF ANY RENTAL WITH PROMO CODE: “SEATOSKYFREEDIVERS”
- Sea Dragon Charters (6373 Bruce St, West Vancouver, BC V7W 2G5 | (604) 329-3486 | Speak to Jan for a freediving gear package rental.
- Ocean Quest Dive Centre (3790 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 1G4) | (604) 436-1157 | Speak to Fabiola for freediving gear package rental.
5) PRO TIPS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
- Course participants receive 10% any Oceaner Freediving custom made wetsuit (hand-made in Burnaby, British Columbia)
- Course participants receive 10% off any Freedive Wire Shop equipment
7) PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- A DEPOSIT of 100 $CAD is required immediately to reserve or book a spot in any event.
- FULL PAYMENT DUE two weeks (14 days) BEFORE event start date.
ii. Payment Options:
- For Canadian clients: Canadian e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no transfer fee).
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).
- Please contact us for other payments options including credit card (transfer fee may apply).
iii. Cancellation Policy:
- Full refund of DEPOSIT or PAYMENT 30 days BEFORE start date of event.
- Full refund or credit issued if event is cancelled by Sea to Sky Freediving due to unforeseeable circumstances.
- No refund of DEPOSIT 30 days or less BEFORE start date of event.
- No refund of PAYMENT 14 days or less BEFORE start date of event.
Methods of payment include credit card, Canadian-to-Canadian e-transfer (payment to email@example.com) or PayPal. Please see methods at checkout. All payments fully secured by Wix Booking system. A full refund is available provided 30 days notice prior to event start date. Please see our Cancellation Policy for more information.CA$349.00Tax: +CA$41.88 GST/PST