Tue, Jul 18|
Anvil Island, Howe Sound, BC
Spearfishing & Harvesting - Intro Course - Howe Sound, BC
Join us for a 2-day freediving, harvesting and spearfishing expedition in the Howe Sound, BC. We'll leave from Squamish, BC to Anvil Island in the Howe Sound, dive, harvest and dive all day both July 18th and 20th, 2023.
Time & Location
Jul 18, 2023, 8:00 AM PDT – Jul 20, 2023, 5:00 PM PDT
Anvil Island, Howe Sound, BC, Anvil Island, British Columbia V0N, Canada
About The Event
Spearfishing/Harvesting Course - Anvil Island, Howe Sound, BC
1) EXPEDITION DESCRIPTION:
This 2-day trip is an intro to freediving, sailing and harvesting in the Pacific Northwest. From Squamish, BC we will spend the day freediving, spearfishing and harvesting.*
The 2-day trip runs on July 18th, 2023 and July 20th, 2023. The Wednesday, July 19th, 2023 is an off day. You will be picked up at 8AM from Squamish, BC and dropped off by 5PM at the Squamish Harbour.
What's included in the expedition:
- BOAT WITH CAPTAIN TO NAVIGATE AND USE AS SUPPORT VESSEL
- SMALL & PERSONAL EXPEDITION: 6-8 PERSONS Maximum
- LEARN FREEDIVING AND DIVE WITH CANADA RECORD HOLDER LUCA MALAGUTI
- LEARN SPEARFISHING & HARVESTING WITH A PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTOR
- LEARN ABOUT BOATING/NAVIGATING BY A PROFESSIONAL SAILOR AND NAVIGATOR
- Molchanovs Base Training access to review online freediving theory, techniques and skills in freediving
- Pre-expedition theory review for safety, physiology, equalization and planning with instructor
- Learn about the correct fish species and environments for fishing
- Understand how to use DFO maps, and navigate fishing by-laws and restrictions
- Learn how to gut, clean, prep your fish and store your catch
- Learn about freediving and spearfishing equipment and gear we use
- Learn about buoyancy control and gear management
- Learn how to use a pole spear and a speargun
Your Instructors and guides:
- Luca Malaguti is a Molchanovs Master freediving and spearfishing instructor. Currently one of the deepest Canadian men in freediving, and Canada Record Holder in Bi-Fins (-84 meters one breath). Luca has experience in deep competition freediving, safety training, coaching and spearfishing. Visit Luca's social media profile here.
- Denham Trollip is an highly experienced sailor, instructor, diver and navigator. With a strong knowledge of sailing the Pacific Northwest, Denham also also run private charters in the Carribean Sea.
*Please note, schedule and timing can changes based on weather and sailing conditions. We never guarantee we will catch a harvest (nor should one ever guarantee this), but we guarantee an epic time and experience with us.
2) EXPEDITION PRICING:
- Expedition Cost: 999 $CAD + applicable taxes per person
- Course Payment: Due to limited spaces, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please see below.
- Where: Pick up from Squamish, BC at the Downtown Marina
- When: July 18, 2023 at 8AM-5PM and July 20, 2023 at 8AM-5PM (2 Full days!)
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop & comfortable in an open water setting
- Freediving certificate or similar experience in breath-hold diving
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
- Signed assumption of risk and liability form for spearfishing activities
5) EQUIPMENT INCLUDED:
- Camera and GoPro for videos and photos
- Spearfishing guns and pole spears
- Floats and floatlines
- Extra knifes, gloves, socks, belts and weights (if needed)
- Professional freediving buoy with depth lines and bottom weight
- Lights and other additional accessories
Not included (i.e. personal items):
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (5mm to 7mm thickness recommend) or a 7mm surfing wetsuit with hood
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel
- Rubber/nylon weight-belt and weights
- Mask and snorkel
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
Specials & Discounts for Students:
- Recieve 10% discount on Atmos diving watches when you sign up for a course (contact us for promo code).
- Get a 10% discount on wetsuits from our sponsors Oceaner Freediving, EliosSub and Deep Humans (contact us).
- Get a 10% discount on carbon fibre fins Alchemy Carbon (contact us).
1. It is the student's responsibility to purchase or rent the equipment needed for the course.
2. We highly suggest purchasing your own gear. It's an investment worth making in freediving.
6) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
7) PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to limit spaces, we are asking for full payment upon booking.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (3.5% additional transfer fee).
- Please note an additional credit card fee (3%) may apply in payments.
iii. Terms and Conditions & Cancellation Policy:
Spearfishing Course BC
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).CA$999.00Tax: +CA$119.88 GST/PSTSold Out
This event is sold out