Tue, Aug 30|
Anvil Island, Howe Sound, BC
Freediving & Harvesting Expedition - Howe Sound, BC
Join us for a 2-day freediving, harvesting and spearfishing expedition in the Howe Sound, BC. We'll sail from Squamish, BC to Anvil Island in the Howe Sound, dive, harvest and camp on the summit!
Time & Location
Aug 30, 2022, 8:00 AM PDT – Aug 31, 2022, 5:00 PM PDT
Anvil Island, Howe Sound, BC, Anvil Island, British Columbia V0N, Canada
About The Event
FREEDIVING & Harvesting Expedition - Anvil Island, Howe Sound, BC - August 30-31, 2022
1) EXPEDITION DESCRIPTION:
This 2-day trip is an intro to freediving, sailing and harvesting in the Pacific Northwest. From Squamish, BC we will sail and spend the day freediving, harvesting* and spend the night camping.
You will be picked up at 8AM from Squamish, BC and we will sail our way to some of our favourite dive sites in the Howe Sound, BC. After spending the night camping, cooking and enjoying life under the stars, we will drop you back in Squamish, BC the next day by 5PM.*
What's included in the expedition:
- BOAT WITH CAPTAIN TO NAVIGATE AND USE AS SUPPORT VESSEL (Sailboat or Yacht)
- SMALL & PERSONAL EXPEDITION: 6-8 PERSONS Maximum
- LEARN FREEDIVING AND DIVE WITH CANADA RECORD HOLDER LUCA MALAGUTI
- LEARN SPEARFISHING & HARVESTING WITH A PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTOR
- LEARN ABOUT BOATING/NAVIGATING BY A PROFESSIONAL SAILOR AND NAVIGATOR
- Molchanovs Base Training access to review online freediving theory, techniques and skills in freediving
- Pre-expedition theory review for safety, physiology, equalization and planning with instructor
- Learn about the correct fish species and environments for fishing
- Understand how to use DFO maps, and navigate fishing by-laws and restrictions
- Learn how to gut, clean, prep your fish and store your catch
- Learn about freediving and spearfishing equipment and gear we use
- Learn about buoyancy control and gear management
- Learn how to use a pole spear and a speargun
Your Instructors and guides:
- Luca Malaguti is a Molchanovs Master freediving and spearfishing instructor. Currently one of the deepest Canadian men in freediving, and Canada Record Holder in Bi-Fins (-84 meters one breath). Luca has experience in deep competition freediving, safety training, coaching and spearfishing. Visit Luca's social media profile here.
- Denham Trollip is an highly experienced sailor, instructor, diver and navigator. With a strong knowledge of sailing the Pacific Northwest, Denham also also run private charters in the Carribean Sea.
*Please note, schedule and timing can changes based on weather and sailing conditions. We never guarantee we will catch a harvest (nor should one ever guarantee this), but we guarantee an epic time and experience with us.
2) EXPEDITION PRICING:
- Expedition Cost: 799 $CAD + applicable taxes per person
- Course Payment: Due to limited spaces, we are asking for full payment upon event reservation.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please see below.
- Where: Pick up from Squamish, BC at the Downtown Marina
- When: Tuesday August 30, 2022 at 8AM until August 31, 2022 5PM (2 Full days!)
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop & comfortable in an open water setting
- Freediving certificate or similar experience in breath-hold diving
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
- Signed assumption of risk and liability form for spearfishing activities
5) EQUIPMENT INCLUDED:
- Camera and GoPro for videos and photos
- Spearfishing guns and pole spears
- Floats and floatlines
- Extra knifes, gloves, socks, belts and weights (if needed)
- Professional freediving buoy with depth lines and bottom weight
- Lights and other additional accessories
Not included (i.e. personal items):
- OVERNIGHT CAMPING EQUIPMENT: TENT, SLEEPING BAG AND SLEEPING MAT
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (5mm to 7mm thickness recommend) or a 7mm surfing wetsuit with hood
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel
- Rubber/nylon weight-belt and weights
- Mask and snorkel
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- Warm beverages, snacks, energy bars in between diving
6) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Bring a sweater, wool hat, gloves and socks (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring warm and dry clothes (BE READY IN CASE OF RAIN!)
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to limit spaces, we are asking for full payment upon booking.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (3.5% additional transfer fee).
iii. Cancellation Policy (Starting January 2022):
- Full refund 60 days before the event starting date.
- 50% refund between 60 days and 30 days of event starting date.
- No refund after 30 days of event starting date.
- Please note refunds might be subject to withholding of payment/transfer fees.
Spearfishing Expedition BC
Payment Options: 1) Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe. 2) Canadian clients ONLY can e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for this option. 3) PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (5% additional transfer fee).