Tue, Aug 29|
Lion's Bay, West Vancouver, BC
Evening Training Session - August 29th, 2023 - Sea to Sky Freediving Co.
Join Sea to Sky Freediving Co. & Luca Malaguti for an evening of training and diving along the Sea to Sky! Open only to Sea to Sky Freediving Co. students and members.
Time & Location
Aug 29, 2023, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Lion's Bay, West Vancouver, BC, Lions Bay, BC, Canada
About The Event
1) EVENT INFORMATION:
Join Sea to Sky Freediving Co. & Luca Malaguti for an evening of training and skills!
Open ONLY to Sea to Sky Freediving Co. students and members. Please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org before signing up! Limited spots available.
Join us for a 2 HOUR open water session where you can:
- Practice and review and skills
- Finish any skill for you Wave Certification Requirements
- Attempt a Personal Best (PB) or maximum depth with professional safety
- Come out, meet other divers and have fun!
2) TIME & PLACE:
- Meet along the Sea to Sky Highway at Ansell Point, West Vancouver at our favourite dive site for depth diving
- Exact location will be sent to group one day before event (i.e. based on tides, currents and conditions)
3) EVENT PRE-REQUISITES:
- Hold a Wave 1 Molchanovs Open Water certificate or equivalent certification
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop & comfortable in an open water setting
- Must be 18 years old (16 years old with parent/guardian consent)
- Signed medical statement and liability forms
4) EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Freediving specific wetsuit, two-piece (5mm to 7mm thickness recommend) or a 7mm surfing wetsuit with hood
- Neoprene gloves and booties (make sure booties fit with fins)
- Fins (freediving fins or snorkelling fins) with closed-heel
- Rubber/nylon weight-belt and weights
- Mask and snorkel
- Warm clothes, change of clothes, towels and footwear
- We suggest to bring a warm beverage for before and after diving
Specials & Discounts for Students:
- Recieve 10% discount on Atmos diving watches when you sign up for a course (contact us for promo code).
- Get a 10% discount on wetsuits from our sponsors Oceaner Freediving, EliosSub and Deep Humans (contact us).
- Get a 10% discount on carbon fibre fins Alchemy Carbon (contact us).
1. It is the student's responsibility to purchase or rent the equipment needed for the course.
2. We highly suggest purchasing your own gear. It's an investment worth making in freediving.
5) PRO TIPS & TRICKS:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hours before any freediving session (i.e. static, dynamic or open water)
- Do some light stretching or yoga at home before coming to a session
- Come well dressed and warm (yes, even during summer time in Canada)
- Bring extra warm/dry clothes and extra warm beverage, snacks and light food
- Bring a yoga mat or any other equipment related to stretching, breathwork or meditation
- Ginger Tea is an excellent way to stay warm beforehand, read why here
6) PAYMENT DETAILS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Due to limit spaces, we are asking for full payment upon booking.
ii. Payment Options:
- Secure credit card transactions protected by Wix Bookings and Stripe.
- Canadian clients can e-transfer to email@example.com. Please contact us for this option.
- PayPal transfers also available to non-Canadians (3.5% additional transfer fee).
- Please note an additional credit card fee (3%) may apply in payments.
iii. Terms and Conditions & Cancellation Policy:
See you in the water!!
"Be water my friends...be water"
Evening Training Session
Evening Training Session - 2 Hour Open Water Depth Session Includes professional coaching, deep safety and video analysis.CA$105.00Tax: +CA$12.60 GST/PSTSold Out
This event is sold out