Fri, Oct 13|
Apataki Atoll, French Polynesia
NEW DATES! - October 13-20, 2023 - Shark Diving & Spearfishing - Apataki, Tahiti
Join me and shark conservationist Denis Grosmaire for an expedition like no other in French Polynesia. Shark diving, freediving and spearfishing during the new moon next October 2023. This is not your typical expedition: off-the-beaten track and cooking your catch on a desert island. Ready?
Time & Location
Oct 13, 2023, 9:00 AM PDT – Oct 20, 2023, 9:00 PM PDT
Apataki Atoll, French Polynesia, Tahiti, French Polynesia
About The Event
1. Expedition Breakdown:
8 Days, all included (except flights), freediving, spearfishing, photography and shark diving on a remote island (and I mean a really remote island) in French Polynesia. Join me (Luca) and shark conservationist, pro freediver and spearo Denis Grosmaire for what I can (with full confidence) say will be the best expedition you'll have in years.
Why these dates?
When a local tells you it's "the new moon" and you have to be here at this time because you will witness nature unlike anything you've seen before.
Well, then you pack a bag and go!
2. About your Guides:
> ABOUT ME: Luca Malaguti, Professional Freediver, Spearfishing Instructor & Canadian Record Holder
> ABOUT DENIS GROSMAIRE: Spearfisher, Professional Freediver and Shark Conservationist (with Discovery Channel and Shark Week)
3. What's included?
- Expedition days are from October 13th to 20th, 2023 (8 days and 7 nights)
- 7 nights full accommodation (a lovely house all to our group) included on Apataki Atoll
- Professional photography by Luca and Denis
- Freediving training and coaching
- Intro to spearfishing and learn about shark diving/conversation
- Shark diving expedition on multiple days
- Transfer boat rides from Arutua Atoll to Apataki Atoll and return
- Expedition boat rides with captain
- Locally cooked breakfast and lunch included everyday
- Snacks and drinks for expedition
- Local transport to and from airport
4. What's NOT Included:
- Local flights with Air Tahiti from Tahiti (PPT) to Arutua Atoll (AXR)
- International flights
- Additional hotel nights in Tahiti before and after expedition days
5. International flights we recommend (From Canada & USA):
Flight #1 - Going & Return: from San Francisco (SFO) with United Airlines to at Fa'a'ā International Airport (PPT)
Flight #2 - Going & Return: from Tahiti (PPT) to Arutua Atoll (AXR) via Air Tahiti
6. Itinerary & Schedule:
Day 0: We recommend to arrive to Tahiti (PPT) one day prior to expedition Day 1 (i.e. October 12, 2023)
Day 1: October 13, 2023: Fly to Arutua Atoll (AXR) with Air Tahiti from Tahiti (PPT), then boat ride from Arutua to Apataki
Day 2: October 14, 2023: First day out, fun dives and get to know Apataki Atoll island
Day 3: October 15, 2023: Full day of spearfishing and freediving
Day 4: October 16, 2023: Shark Diving Day + photography day
Day 5: October 17, 2023: Spearfishing expedition to another Island (2hour boat ride)
Day 6: October 18, 2023: Spearfishing/freediving and/or shark day (depending on conditions or group preference)
Day 7: October 19, 2023: Spearfishing in the morning & freediving in the afternoon
Day 8: October 20, 2023: Return to Arutua Atoll by boat and fly back to Tahiti (PPT)
7. Cost of Expedition:
We will limit the expedition to 6 people to keep it small and personal
Cost per Person: 5399 $CAD + GST/PST per person
*50% Deposit required to secure a spot
**SPOTS ARE LIMITED, SECURE THEM EARLY!
It's that simple. Everything is planned and ready to go. Just waiting for you. Don't hesitae to email of call me if you need more information.
8. Contact Info:
Cell: +1-236-777-4956 (Messaged me on WhatsApp)
"Buy the ticket, take the ride". - C.B.
- Luca & Denis